Over the weekend got a chance to check out the new movie on Netflix called, Concrete Cowboy starring Idris Elba. It’s a great film for our young boys to see, it’s about a troubled teen who keeps getting into trouble when he is dropped off to his estranged dad. It’s a true life story about Adam Hollingsworth, who is a well-known “Chicago Dreadhead Cowboy”. I put together a few powerful quotes from the film and I highly suggest you check out the movie to uplift and inspire our youth!
- Mama, please don’t leave me here!
- I’m all the family you will ever need
- The past is not the present
- I’m riding with me like day one
- You want to be the trash man like your pops?
- Everyone who was supposed to take care of me, left me out on them corners…man!
- Wherever we going, it’s going to be somewhere quiet, somewhere still.
- I feel like I was born with a boot on my neck!
- The only home I’ve ever known was on the back of a horse
- Let them take it, cause they can’t take who we are as a people.
Teen Cole (Caleb McLaughlin) keeps getting in trouble at school and his mother has had enough, so she drops him off with his estranged father Harp (Idris Elba). Harp is a ‘concrete cowboy’ in Philadelphia where he tends stables there and even has a horse living in his home. Cole soon gains interests in his father’s world of horses but when he reunites with an old friend, Smush (Jharrel Jerome), he becomes torn between the cowboy life and life on the streets.