Flora & Ulysses held their virtual press junket over the weekend and I got a chance to read all about it! The press conference included Actors Alyson Hannigan(Phyllis Buckman), Ben Schwartz(George Buckman), Matilda Lawler(Flora Buckman), Danny Pudi(Miller), Lena Khan(Director) and Kate DiCamilo(Author). The event was moderated by Nikki Novak of Rotten Tomatoes. It was a fun event and I learned so much about the upcoming film that streams on Disney + on February 19th! Check out a few fun tidbits I learned and I think this is such a great family film you can watch with your family.
- The movie was inspired by a vacuum cleaner, a cat named Mildew and a squirrel
- Actress Matilda was doing a broadway show when she found out that she got the lead part
- Matlida also got to work with a trained squirrel
- The writer on the film Brad Copeland also wrote Arrested Development
- There were 37 lollipops used in the movie, wow!
- You will get to see some sort of magic trick in the film
- Danny Pudi bonds with a cat and there’s some physical comedy
- Kate DiCamillo(Author) grew up a comic book fan and a lover of books, she liked Charlie Brown and the Peanuts
- A lot of the actors got to expand their comedy wings
- Danny plays an action villain in this movie with a twirly mustache
- People felt like this movie was a DuckTales reunion by having Danny, Ben, Bobby and Kate all in the movie.
- Matilda got to say a pretty cool line that Robert Downey Jr. said in End Games
- Matilda had a favorite line in the movie that was, “holy bagumba”.
Witness the tail of an unexpected hero. Watch Disney’s #FloraAndUlysses, streaming February 19, only on #DisneyPlus. 🐿 ⚡ 💥 The film is based on the Newbery Award-winning book about 10-year-old Flora, an avid comic book fan and a self-avowed cynic, whose parents have recently separated. After rescuing a squirrel she names Ulysses, Flora is amazed to discover he possesses unique superhero powers, which take them on an adventure of humorous complications that ultimately change Flora’s life–and her outlook–forever.
“Flora & Ulysses” stars Matilda Lawler, Alyson Hannigan, Ben Schwartz, Anna Deavere Smith, Danny Pudi, Benjamin Evans Ainsworth, Janeane Garofolo and Kate McCucci. It was directed by Lena Khan and produced by Gil Netter. Based on the novel “Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures” by Kate DiCamillo, the film’s screenplay is by Brad Copeland. Katterli Frauenfelder and James Powers served as executive producers.