SheaMoisture partnered, once again, with fashion designer and Project Runway alum Korto Momolu for Spring/Summer 2015. Lead by celebrity makeup artist, Renny Vasquez (who has worked with such celebrities as Brandy and Gabrielle Union), he created a look to compliment the designer’s collection “Rebirth”.
GET THE LOOK:
Backstage with SheaMoisture Cosmetics for Korto Momolu
S/S 2015 New York Fashion Week
Inspiration: “Korto Momolu’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection exuded confidence with intensely pigmented pops of color and shimmering gold metallic fabric. To bring this same energy to the face, I chose to create a high-shine, bright pink lip that popped against the models fresh skin and sweet champagne smoky eye.”
– Renny Vasquez, Lead Makeup Artist for SheaMoisture Cosmetics
1. SheaMoisture Primer was applied to the entire face to even skin texture and provide a clean palette.
2. SheaMoisture Wet/Dry Pressed Powder was applied all over the face with a damp sponge.
3. SheaMoisture Color Correcting, Contouring & Highlighting Palette was applied with a damp sponge and blended with a foundation brush to sculpt the sides of nose, cheekbones and jawline.
4. SheaMoisture Illuminating Power was applied to cheekbones, hairline and jawline with a kabuki brush for a glow effect.
5. SheaMoisture Mineral Blush in Annecy Maroon was applied to the apples of the cheeks for a pop of warm color.
1. SheaMoisture Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Claudia was applied with a damp slanted brush to the brows to define and fill in color.
2. SheaMoisture Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Celia was applied all over the eye and brow bone as a base.
3. SheaMoisture Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Montana was applied on the lid and blended, and then applied under the eye color-to-corner and blended.
4. SheaMoisture Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Claudia was dabbed on the outer eyelid for intensity.
5. SheaMoisture Liquid Eyeliner in Black was applied to upper and lower lash line, corner-to-corner.
6. SheaMoisture Lengthening Mascara was applied to upper and lower lashes.
1. SheaMoisture Lip Exfoliator was applied to the lips and excess was wiped off with a tissue, leaving moisture on the lips.
2. SheaMoisture Lip Crayon in Roberta was applied all over the lips as a lip color and liner.
3. The final touch was a generous layer of SheaMoisture Lip Gloss in Rosie for shine and a hint of color.