Hey guys you may remember that last year I partnered with Habitat for Humanity and had an amazing experience. This year was just the same. I returned to partner with them again and it felt so good! I was 1 of 2 influencers that was invited out to see the kick off build last Thursday, it was such a heartfelt experience.
I got to meet the lucky homeowner Krushetta and her lovely family and guess what? Builders and Tv Personalities Drew and Jonathan Scott from the (Property Brothers from HGTV) were in the house and they were so much fun to hang out with, omg!
After watching everything take place and getting to know Krushetta, I was very excited for her. She’s setting a great example for her kids. I feel that it’s so important to have strong women who build these homes and it gives them a great sense of pride! Check out all the fun photos I snapped and more information on how you can get involved too inside….
Krushetta and her family
All the volunteers
Jonathan hard at work lol.
With these beauties, Kristen, Sarah, Me and Aerolyn
Jonathan and Drew were so much fun!
HOW TO HELP: https://www.habitat.org/homeisthekey
ATLANTA BASED STATS:
- Nearly 50 percent of renters in the Atlanta metropolitan area spend 30 percent or more of their income on housing.
- In Georgia, 1 in 8 households spend more than half of their income on housing.
- There is an estimated shortage of 220,925 affordable and available housing units for extremely low-income renters in Georgia.
CHICO’S FAS’ WORK WTIH HABITAT:
- About Chico’s FAS’s partnership with Habitat for Humanity: Empowering women. Hearts. Hands. Home. Chico’s FAS and its family of brands, Chico’s, White House Black Market and Soma, shares Habitat for Humanity’s vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to call home. Affordable housing can create transformational change for women, their families and communities. This spring, you can support by making a donation to Habitat in any of Chico’s, White House Black Market and Soma boutiques, outlets or online or by purchasing special items that give back.
These 2019 Home is the Key partners are supporting Habitat for Humanity this spring by offering products that give back. Consumers can support Habitat by shopping some of their favorite brands and purchasing some of these spring essentials.
- Chico’s FAS: Habitat will receive a $5 donation for every gift card of $25 or more sold during April and May at Chico’s, Soma and White House Black Market.*
- At Home: Habitat will receive a $4.55 donation for every coaster set sold during the month of April, toward a total donation of $350,000.
- Nissan: This April, for every #HomeIsTheKey social share, Nissan will donate $5 to Habitat, toward a total donation of $250,000.
- Chico’s: Habitat will receive a$2 donation with every slub tee purchase during April and May.
- Nest: Nest is partnering with Habitat by donating $250,000 and providing energy-saving technology to Habitat homeowners. Find energy-saving tips for your home at nest.com/powerproject.
- O-Cedar: Habitat will receive a $1 donation for every ProMist® MAX spray mop sold by O-Cedar from April 1 – June 15th.
Chico’s FAS Social Handles
Facebook – @lovechicos
Twitter – @Chicos
Instagram – LoveChicos
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/chicos
Evergreen hashtag – #LoveChicos
Charity hashtags – #chicoscares #whbmcares #somacares
Habitat for Humanity Social Handles
Instagram – @habitatforhumanity
Facebook – @habitat
Twitter – @Habitat_org
Campaign Hashtag: #HomeIsTheKey