Well hello lovelies! Yesterday on the Tamron Hall Show, Singer, actress, author, entrepreneur, and living legend Patti LaBelle made an appearance on the show! She talked about her career, her bomb recipes and if she uses half and half or evaporated milk in her mac n cheese. She uses half and half you guys lol. She did a cooking demonstration on the show and I was all in because I too, follow most of her scrumptious recipes.
She said the first pie she ever made was an apple pie, not a sweet potato pie like most would imagine. Her mac and cheese is so good and I follow that recipe every time I make it lol. It’s always so cheesy and moist! Check out a video clip inside and I also share the recipe too, have a wonderful Thanksgiving you guys!
Patti’s Mac & Cheese
1tablespoon vegetable oil
1⁄2cup muenster, shredded
1⁄2cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1⁄2cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
1⁄2cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
2cups half and half
8ounces Velvetta cheese, cubed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1⁄4teaspoon seasoning salt
1⁄8teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
- Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
- Drain well, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
- Stir into macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 8.