It’s a new year and this month is almost over already. I visited one of my girlfriends yesterday when we started to go over our vision boards from last year and what we had accomplished in 2019. I had a few things checked off on my list but a lot of what I wanted didn’t happen for me. She said, when you don’t get what you want, ask God. That makes total sense and I guess what I really was focusing on did come true but we shall see what happens in 2020 lol. I’m so motivated this year and I have a lot of great things lining up already.
I am one of those people that always put my family and friends first. I hardly ever do anything for me but I don’t really need or want anything. I do want to go into this year doing a few more things and spending time with ME! Yesterday I went to a spa and got a message, body scrub, pedicure and just sat there for hours just meditating and getting pampered. At first I felt so guilty but then I got to thinking, heck I deserve this!
I hardly EVER do anything for myself and I’m going to start doing more of it! When you have kids and life gets the best of you, sometimes you’re left feeling depressed, used, down and out. Not anymore, I’m going to enjoy me! So I vowed that once a month to do something fun with just my lonesome. Learning something new, meeting someone new, just trying to better myself. Here are a ten things listed below that I enjoy and what I do for self care….
- Reading: I like snuggling up with a good book. I try to read a book once a month.
- Pampering: I enjoy getting pedicures. I also visit my daughter’s hair salon for a good trim and conditioning, then I’m off to a nearby spa.
- Dating: I see my boyfriend at least a few times a week, he keeps me grounded! The open lines of communication are deeply appreciated and he does a great job of that!
- Meditation: I find a quiet place, light a candle and just think. I sometimes drive to a quiet park early in the morning. I sit in my closet or I’ll drive to my local library early am. This helps me think clearly.
- Journaling: I really enjoy writing my thoughts down, I talk to God and ask him for things that are very important to me. I write down what I’m grateful for and what I want to accomplish.
- Friendship: I try to visit my girlfriends and catch up on life. I try to visit or talk to my friends that I don’t hear from that much. Lunch dates are awesome.
- Walks: I do brisk morning walks in my neighborhood. I enjoy looking at nature.
- Grandparenting: My Grandson Legend makes me smile and brings me so much joy! I try to visit, keep him or hang out with him at least a few times a week.
- Cooking: I love to cook and bake. I started to pick up this hobby again. It’s so relaxing to me and it makes me feel good that someone enjoys my meals.
- Sleep: I try to get a good nights sleep, rest is very important.