Last night I visited blogger,tastemaker and Bravo’s Top Design finalist, Eddie Ross at Travadavi! We met a few years back at a dinner party and hit it off! Ross hosts fun events when he is in town to show us secrets in how to decorate our homes,tables and more! Eddie is now working on a product line as well as possibly being on a new show soon. He couldn’t tell me too much more but I’m guessing he will either be hosting or giving his expertise in the field of design! At the event he showed us how to Spring Into Style by showing us easy steps in updating a boring table. He used beautiful flowers,dazzling china,flatware and more!
Here are my top 10 things I learned about sprucing up a boring dinner table.
- There is NO right or wrong way when setting a table.
- Make your focal point the china piece(salad plate).
- Try a new tablecloth and if you don’t like those, use a fabulous table runner.
- You don’t have to buy a five piece flatware set. Mix gold & silver together.
- Don’t make your floral centerpiece too high.Keep it low so people can see each other and talk comfortably.
- It’s not very trendy to use white candles, use more color.
- Try new chargers or dessert plates to spruce up your table. Two chargers at opposite ends can work too!
- Stay away from laced tablecloths,floral prints with old china all together, very granny like…no mam!
- Pull one pop of color consistently.
- Instead of using table runners straight down, turn side ways and place going across the table.