I got a chance to enjoy the most anticipated movie of the summer which was The Little Mermaid. I was too excited to see the film with my daughter and we LOVED it! It’s a beautiful remake like no other and I’m glad to have seen history in the making! The Disney film released yesterday in theaters and it’s getting rave reviews! I thought Disney did a fantastic job of casting Halle Bailey as Ariel, she has the look and the voice that carried the movie! She gives a phenomenal performance guys! Bailey embodies the character and brings Ariel to life despite what the naysayers said about an African American lead playing the iconic role.
It’s about the beloved story of Ariel, a beautiful and spirited young mermaid with a thirst for adventure, stars Halle Bailey, Jonah Hauer-King, David Diggs, Jacob Tremblay, Awkwafina, Art Malik, Melissa McCarthy and a host of others.
The youngest of King Triton’s daughters, and the most defiant, Ariel longs to find out more about the world beyond the sea, and while visiting the surface, falls for the dashing Prince Eric. While mermaids are forbidden to interact with humans, Ariel must follow her heart. She makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, which gives her a chance to experience life on land, but ultimately places her life – and her father’s crown in jeopardy.
I thought the way the cinematography was done was excellent but some parts were a bit unrealistic. I get that it was animation and meant to look a certain way but it was overkill at times. I also didn’t like Melissa’s role as Ursula that could scare young viewers, it was a bit much! Other than that, I still give it a A- and would take my kiddos to see it. See some of the most magical quotes in the film inside, so good….
- I’ve seen bigger sharks
- Human Stuff Ha Ha
- This obsession to humans has to stop
- You give them an inch, they’ll swim all over you!
- I don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things can be so bad
- She’s already in love with the human world and now she’s found her soulmate
- It’s either sink or swim
- A mermaid without her voice?
- What a soft-shell I’m turning out to be!
- Wouldn’t it be amazing to discover a place no one has ever seen before?
- Your happiness means everything to me
- It was you all along. I should have known
- The daughter of a Sea King is a very precious commodity.
- You gave your life for me. And you fought to get my life back.
- Our worlds were never meant to be together
- Our worlds have misunderstood one another for far too long.
- A mermaid and a man, whoever would have imagined.