Have you guys got a chance to see the sequel to Knives Out called, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery yet? If you haven’t got a chance to see it yet, you have to, its REALLY good! Everyone is raving about it. I’ve been telling all my friends about it and they’ve come back to me saying how great it was! Its an all-star cast and the storyline is so interesting with lots of plot twists and you sit there trying to figure it out, its so much fun!
I suggest watching it with a friend so you can have some sort of conversation afterwards but you have to fully pay attention throughout the film or you will miss the clues of whodunnit! In the movie, I was extremely intrigued with the wardrobe styling, it was pretty insane! Every character had their own style but my favs were Kate Hudson and Daniel Craig, so fabulous! Step inside for a few fun facts about the looks in the film by award-winning costume designer Jenny Eagan….
- There’s a bit of silliness to the character Benoit Blanc and that was taken into consideration when styling Actor Daniel Craig for the part.
- Daniel Craig’s striped bathing suit was a very memorable outfit in the film!
- There’s a series of signature multi-colored knotted kerchiefs used as ascots worn with linen shirts on Daniel Craig, it’s called,” vacation in Greece Benoit”
- When we first see Kate Hudson who plays “Birdie Jay” in the movie she is having a quarantine party at her luxury apartment wearing a pair of silk black and red pajamas. They wanted to have really bold prints for her character.
- “Birdie Jay” arrives on the Greek Island wearing a mesh mask lol. The movie took place in May 2020 and we were all wearing mask. Birdie had her own take on how to wear them lol.
- Birdie Jay wears a very fancy lame rainbow maxi dress to the dinner party! This dress was custom made by costume designer Jenny Eagan because they needed something very distracting because a murder was about to take place! Plus it had to be twirl worthy!
- In the movie, Janelle Monae plays a character named, Helen. But she is supposed to be her twin sister Cassandra “Andi” Brand in the film that was murdered. She is a strong powerful, modern woman who is grieving the loss of her sister. Andi was bold and bright.
- Andi was known for being a style icon, very fashionable indeed!
Tech billionaire Miles Bron invites his friends for a getaway on his private Greek island. When someone turns up dead, Detective Benoit Blanc is put on the case.
Images via Netflix