It’s that time of year guys for festive holiday parties! I absolutely LOVE attending and throwing elaborate parties and especially around all the holidays! I was just talking to my friend who is an event planner and we were trying to come up with some fun events we can do together. I like giving intimate events because its just less stress for me and you really get to connect with your friends and take time out to hear them and interact. That’s why you always see me with no more than 4 to 5 guests, I just can’t handle too many people in one setting!
My friend Felisha put together a fun Girls Night In for me over the weekend and it got me to thinking that I want to do more of these kind of parties because so many people are stressed during this time. And don’t even think of having a family, life, work etc. It can be taxing, so to throw a small, budget friendly gathering with family or friends, is a must! I share some tips inside on how to throw a festive party, hope you enjoy and take the time to be with the ones you love this season!
To throw a festive holiday party, consider these steps:
1. Choose a Theme: Select a theme that reflects the holiday spirit, such as a winter wonderland, ugly sweater, or traditional holiday theme.
2. Invitations: Send out invitations well in advance, either digitally or with printed cards, and request RSVPs.
3. Decorations: Decorate your space with holiday-themed decor, including lights, ornaments, and festive table settings.
4. Food and Drinks: Plan a menu that includes holiday favorites like cookies, eggnog, and festive appetizers. Consider dietary restrictions and preferences of your guests.
5. Music: Create a holiday playlist with seasonal tunes or hire a live band or DJ for entertainment.
6. Games and Activities: Organize fun activities like a gift exchange, holiday trivia, or a gingerbread house decorating contest.
7. Dress Code: Specify a dress code on the invitations, like “festive attire” or “ugly sweaters,” to get everyone in the holiday spirit.
8. Gifts: Consider a gift exchange or have a charity donation drive to spread holiday cheer.
9. Photo Booth: Set up a photo booth with holiday props for memorable pictures.
10. Safety: Ensure guests have safe transportation options if alcohol is served, and be mindful of any COVID-19 precautions that may be necessary.
11. Gratitude: Thank your guests for attending and express your holiday wishes to them.
12. Cleanup: Make cleanup easy by having designated areas for trash and recycling.
Remember that the key to a successful holiday party is creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere where everyone can enjoy the festivities and make lasting memories.