Hello lovelies! My girlfriend gave me a call a few days ago asking me if I could make a cheese tray for her girls day event. She knew I could do the job and plus she know I think I am Martha Stewart remixed lol. She trusted me with the task but she knew I was going to add a bit more sparkle to just a boring cheese board lol. I got to work and headed to Publix grocery store right by house and picked out a few things.
A charcuterie board is really a simple way to make something fancy for a decent sized crowd. You just put together your favorite arrangements of meats, cheeses, crackers and add whatever else your heart desires! You can add as many options as the tray will hold. It’s always a great ice breaker if you are around new people as well. And usually a big hit!
Trust me when I tell you that they are the easiest thing you could ever make it literally took me about 30 minutes to assemble and I was done. They are easy, delicious and super fun to put together and you can be as creative as you like. You can also make a charcuterie board for your family for an appetizer or meal depending on your mood. They are great for dinner parties or small gatherings. Step inside to see all the ingredients you will need and how to assemble!
Goodies To Add:
- Fresh Veggies, any kind of vegetables will work, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, tomatoes
- Cheese, all sorts like cheddar, gouda, pre-cut cheese, the sky is the limit.
- Meats, cured meat, salami, pepperoni, turkey
- Crackers, french baguette, pretzels, multi-grain crackers or even bread.
- Dips, you can add ranch, dipping sauce, honey, salsa, condiments
- Nuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts will do
- Olives or any type of pickled veggies
How To Assemble A Charcuterie Board
Find a board, serving platter or tray of any size at your local Hobby Lobby, Target or Walmart or even Home Goods. If you can’t find one, you like you can always use a cookie sheet and just cover. Or even a big wicker basket would work. My tray is from Mackenzie-Childs
- Try to use about 10 items per tray or board
- Use greenery or vegetables to decorate tray or board
- Place your largest items first then work your way around that.
- Fill in all gaps with nuts or smaller fruit or vegetables, you can add candy as well.
- Pops of color work very well and pleasing to the eye, you can make it a “theme” as well.
- Add edible flowers for garnish
What Exactly is a Charcuterie?
Charcuterie is a French word that stands for the art of preparing meats that are cured or smoked, such as salami, bacon, ham and more. Charcuterie boards have become super popular and are commonly paired with different types of cheeses, crackers, nuts, dips or snacks of choice. They are a great appetizer to prepare for a large crowd and include lots of options for everyone!