How was your Independence Day? I’m laughing, shaking my head and rolling my eyes because it seems as if our “independence” is being taken away from us right in front of our eyes! By me being a woman and having a daughter, my blood is boiling! The choice for women having the option to procreate is being tested daily and I’m sure you have heard about the US Supreme Court overturning abortion rights….sigh!
I do not operate a controversial blog where I talk about women’s rights, politics, gun violence, our economy etc you can go visit a ton of other blogs for that to debate and have discussions openly about all of that. But do know, although I don’t write about those topics, I see and read about everything that is going on. I am VERY aware and it hurts my soul!
I would like to say that with all the mass shootings, food shortages, high rent prices etc, all I can do is pray and hope for the best for our country that seems to be making a dramatic turn for the worse if we don’t get our shit together! I will leave that alone and get back to what I do best and that’s talking about ten things I have found. From fabulous fashion finds, food spots, good reads and more, take a peek inside and please stay safe out there guys, blessings to you!
- I’m wearing this cute black net dress with animal print romper from Chic & Curvy
- Hope Denise bar soap, omg you guys, I love the olive & cocoa shea cleansing bar
- Love this chiffon cover up at Flaxmaker
- Great read right now, The Magic of Thinking Big by David J Schwartz
- For a romantic getaway, I heard Belamere Suites is quite lovely!
- Samo Frais makes me hungry everytime I visit his page yes! The recipes are insane and delicious looking.
- There will be a The Queen’s Ball: A Bridgerton Experience event here in ATL on July 15!
- Rooftop dining where you can swim and sip on cocktails, Rooftop L.O.A
- What a splurge but smells so divine, Delina
- This fashion site has lovely looks and it’s black owned MUUR Swagg
Bonus: Actor Idris Elba and wife Sabrina have a new skin care line coming for Sable Lab Skin launching July 12th.