I’m always looking for new recipes to try and who likes eating the same thing everyday. My boyfriend eats pretty healthy and he saw a recipe online that he wanted to try. We both thought the omelet muffin recipe was a pretty simple and we wanted to share it with you guys. He loves anything with bacon too and although the recipe didn’t require any, we added that extra ingredient for a little more flavor. It took a few minutes to prep and twenty minutes to bake and it was done!
When I tell yah these omelet muffins were so delicious, wow! All you have to do is add a side of homemade cheese grits with this and toast and you have a great breakfast meal that was quick and easy! Check out the easy recipe inside and have a fabulous day everyone! xoxo
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk I use skim or low fat, but whole milk also works
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bell peppers diced (I used a mix of red, orange and green)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of a nonstick muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, add eggs and milk. Whisk until uniform. Stir in cheese, bell peppers, spinach, salt, scallions and any other omelet ingredients you are adding.
Scoop batter into muffin tin, filling them almost to the rim. You should have enough batter for 12 muffins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are cooked. The muffins will initially be very puffy, but will sink back down when they cool.
- Use a thin spatula to loosen edges of muffins to remove them from the pan. Eat while warm. Store uneaten muffins in fridge or freezer.