Yes, I have been on a rampage as far as cooking homemade meals lol. When my kids were young, I LOVED to bake homemade desserts, pies and cakes with them. Today I wanted to share with you an old fashioned recipe that everyone loves. Its a simple but very tasty banana bread. I had a few ripe bananas left over and wanted to use them instead of discarding them so I decided to make a treat for the family. It only requires a few ingredients and most things used are in your cupboard already! Step inside to get the fun recipe and stay safe out there you guys!
I saw a baking blog called, Love Mischka who had a very easy and quick recipe for banana bread that I liked and used. Here is what you will need…
2-4 very ripe bananas, peeled. (I prefer 2 bananas)
1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter or oil a 4×8-inch or a 9×5-inch loaf pan. It’s durable, the perfect size, and easy-to-clean. The silicone handles make is easy to handle as well.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
- Add the melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir.
- Add the baking soda, sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix.
- Keep mixing! Mix it good!
- Pour batter into your loaf pan (Please remember to grease the bottom with butter, oil, or even Pam spray).
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. OVEN TIMES VARY. Some people need 55 minutes. Others need 30 minutes. Please use your own judgment and the toothpick trick (insert a wooden toothpick in the middle of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If it comes out with batter on the toothpick, please continue baking. It is not done). In a fairly new, convection oven, it takes around 40 minutes for my bread to be done.
- Remove from oven and let cool. For clean slices, please allow the bread to completely cool.
- Enjoy your simple and delicious banana bread!!!