I have been deep into the Netflix’s new steamy series Bridgerton and it’s so darn good! It’s based off a romantic book series by Julia Quinn brought to life by Shonda Rhimes. This series had me laughing so hard with it’s quick humor and ofcourse I truly LOVED all the fashions. Costume Designer Ellen Mirojnick did an amazing job creating all the looks that took over 5 months and there were 7,500 looks! Inspired by 19th-century life.
Empire-waist silhouette dresses were the thing in that era and the way the hair and clothing was embellished was impeccable! In the show they wore lots of soft pastel palettes with feathers and rhinestones. I also liked all the romantic quotes in the movie and put together my favorite “love quotes” from the film, enjoy and be blessed everyone!
- Flawless my dear
- The brighter a lady shines, the fast she may burn
- When one suitor goes, the rest will surely follow
- The lady is quite the treasure. Do try not to bungle it up.
- We shall do what women do, we shall talk.
- Her heart is no matter as long as her hand remains free.
- Sweet child, many men make declarations of love when they want to make love. But rare is the man whose love remains true when the consequences of lovemaking are brought to his attention.
- If you desire the sun and the moon, all you have to do is go out and shoot at the sky.
- Why settle for a Duke when you can have a Prince?
- Marrying above one’s stations an art from indeed.
- You don’t love me for my subtlety.
- What I wanted dearest was for you to have the best, not in terms of rank but love.
- Love changes nothing
- I knew the marriage market would make rivals of us but I never thought you were capable of being my enemy.
- You would rather die than marry me?
- It is because I regard you so highly that I do not marry you.
- I did not want Ms, Bridgerton to be my friend, I wanted her to be my wife. I want her to be my wife.
- Your love is an unrequited fantasy.
- All is fair in love and war but some battles leave no victor, only a trail of broken hearts that makes us wonder if the price we pay is ever worth the fight.
- The ones we love have the power to inflct the greatest scars.
- First, a woman takes her wedding vows, then we gamblers take her virtue. If her husband has left any to be taken.
- He loved me. All the time he loved me.
From Shondaland and Creator Chris Van Dusen, Bridgerton follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor), the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market. Hoping to follow in her parent’s footsteps and find a match sparked by true love, Daphne’s prospects initially seem to be unrivaled. But as her older brother begins to rule out her potential suitors, the high society scandal sheet written by the mysterious Lady Whistledown casts aspersions on Daphne. Enter the highly desirable and rebellious Duke of Hastings (Regé-Jean Page), committed bachelor and the catch of the season for the debutantes’ mamas. Despite proclaiming that they want nothing the other has to offer, their attraction is undeniable and sparks fly as they find themselves engaged in an increasing battle of wits while navigating society’s expectations for their future.
Bridgerton is a romantic, scandalous, and quick-witted series that celebrates the timelessness of enduring friendships, families finding their way, and the search for a love that conquers all. The series also stars Golda Rosheuvel, Jonathan Bailey, Luke Newton, Claudia Jessie, Nicola Coughlan, Ruby Barker, Sabrina Bartlett, Ruth Gemmell, Adjoa Andoh, Polly Walker, Ben Miller, Bessie Carter and Harriet Cains and Julie Andrews as the voice of Lady Whistledown. The series is inspired by Julia Quinn’s best-selling novels.