A couple of weeks ago, my grandson Legend and I made our way to a pre-screening of Disney’s Encanto! I have taken my Boogy Bear to a few kid movies and he gets half way through the film and tells me he is ready to go or he will get up and start playing in the aisles lol. During Encanto my grandson did NOT budge and he even told me to hush because I was talking to my friend seated next to me!
I guess that was a good sign that he really enjoyed it and was extremely entertained! If you’re looking for a movie to take the WHOLE family to see, you will really enjoy Encanto and the visuals alone make you want to get up and party! That might not be a good idea though because of others in the theater but yes, it’s that good! Inside, please take a peak at a few of the cutest quotes from the film…in theaters today!
Set in Colombia, the film embraces the diversity, culture, people and music of the country. Filmmakers were deeply inspired following their research trip, and “Encanto” was made in collaboration with the Colombian Cultural Trust, a group of experts in Colombian cultures, anthropology, botany, music, language and architecture. Familia, a group of Latinx Disney Animation employees also shared their personal perspectives and experiences to help shape the film.
- And together our families gifts made our new home paradise
- Whatever gift awaits will be just as special as you!
- Tonight we come together once more as another one of us steps into the light to make us proud.
- The only one worried about the magic is you
- The magic is strong, everything is fine. We are the Madrigals
- My gift wasn’t helping the family, but I love the family, ya know
- How do you help a family miracle? You hug your sister
- After I save the miracle, I’m bringing you home
- Just going to save the miracle with a hug
- I was given a miracle, a second chance
- Nothing can ever be broken that we can’t fix together
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed
place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel (voice of Stephanie Beatriz). But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope. Releasing on Nov. 24, 2021, the film is directed by Jared Bush (co-director “Zootopia”) and Byron Howard (“Zootopia,” “Tangled”), co-directed by Charise Castro Smith (writer “The Death of Eva Sofia Valdez”), and produced by Yvett Merino and Clark Spencer; the screenplay is by Castro Smith and Bush. “Encanto” features original songs by Emmy®, GRAMMY® and Tony Award® winner Lin-Manuel Miranda (“Hamilton,” “Moana”); Germaine Franco (“Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Little,” “Tag”) composed the original score.