I attended a virtual press conference for the short film Us Again. It was moderated by professional dancer Derek Hough. Perfect fit for this press conference since he is also a lover of dance and the film is based on that. We all know him from the hit tv show, Dancing with the Stars!
I saw Us Again and fell in love with everything! It came to Disney + on June 4th and if you haven’t watched it, its a must-see! It will put you in such a great mood and I love the romance between the couple! I think we are all young at heart and this films makes you believe in that! I have five fun facts about the film inside, check it out…
- Writer/Producer Zach Parrish thought of the project because of physical signs of aging, it snuck up on him. Wanted the desire of feeling young again. Feeling of his younger self that he had lost.
- Dancing in the rain, kept the film youthful, usually rain shows low moments in Disney films. They thought to raise the stakes.
- Professional dancers Keone and Mari Madrid (World of Dance) had great story ideas and the producers loved their energy.
- The chicken and egg problem was to write the music first to create the story of the film
- 1400 characters were created for the film! The characters went from old to young, from young to old, features changed.
“Us Again,” the new theatrical short from Walt Disney Animation Studios, follows one magical night in the lives of an elderly man and his young-at-heart wife who find the years fade away when they rediscover the joy of dancing and music. Director Zach Parrish, producer Brad Simonsen, award-winning choreographers/dancers Keone and Mari, and acclaimed composer Pinar Toprak (“Captain Marvel”) brought their unique talents to this musical fantasy. “Us Again” is playing exclusively in theaters with Disney Animation’s, “Raya and the Last Dragon” beginning March 5, 2021.