On last night’s red carpet of the 2015 Met Gala themed China: Through the Looking Glass, New Zealand singer and songwriter Lorde had jewel toned, moody fingertips from OPI. OPI partnered with Celebrity Manicurist Mar Y Soul, who created her edgy nails to complimented her midnight blue gown. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to rock Lorde’s nails care of Mar Y Soul from the 2015 Met Ball red carpet.
Get the Look:
1. I used OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment to exfoliate her cuticles leaving a clean nail bed for polish. I’m able to bring the best salon experience to my celebrity clientele thanks to OPI Products. The Avoplex line is amongst my favorites for intense hydration with a delicious aroma.
2. Then I hydrated her skin with OPI’s High Intensity Hand and Nail Cream.
3. Now its time to prep for polish, I used OPI’s Chip Skip to ensure a chip free manicure for a night at the Met, nobody wants chipped nails on the red carpet!
4. I applied one coat of OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener.
5. I applied OPI Nail Lacquer in Dark Side of the Mood (available in the 50 Shades of Gray Gift Pack available at Macys.com) nail color to her nails. I thought this was the perfect color to compliment her jewel toned dress for the red carpet giving an edgy yet youthful touch to her overall look.
6. OPI RapiDry Top Coat is a must have for behind the scenes, I applied one coat.
7. I waited 60 seconds then applied OPI Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops to complete the look.