It’s Fall time and that means colder weather is to come! Nothing gets dryer than you natural hair, so I asked my daughter Tyra/Tyra In The City (who’s a licensed professional cosmetologist for a few hair care tips on keeping my natural hair healthy and in tip top shape during the Fall/Winter season.
My hair tends to snap off very easily and shed when it gets cold out. My hair becomes very dry and brittle. Thank goodness I live in the south but it still gets a bit chilly here. The colder weather also gives me dry, flaky and itchy scalp, which is not fun. I also notice that my hair looks dry and dull smh! Inside are some tips on keeping your hair healthy and pretty, check them out…
Tyra’s Haircare Tips:
- Keep your hair moisturized! Make sure to find a shampoo that has moisturizer in it.
- At least twice a month, deep conditioner your hair.
- Get ends trimmed monthly.
- If you can, buy a humidifier, it keeps hair hydrated.
- Stay away from too much excessive heat on your hair. Hair dryers, curling/flat irons,
- Find an alternative look. Wear a protective style, to reduce breakage
- Do not over wash your hair.
- Find a styling product that does not contain alcohol, it’s very drying.
- Wear a silk bonnet or silk scarf and add a silk pillowcase when you sleep. This will reduce breakage to your hair as well.