When my kids were very small, I used to LOVE to bake for them! I was that room mom that you would roll your eyes at because I would always come up with fancy treats for all the kids during all the holidays! I have since not even opened my oven to bake anything because my kids are not home to enjoy anything! Everyones schedule including me, is so busy nowadays but boy do I miss those special times lol.
My friend Jennifer/Fiddle Dee Dee who’s my blogger buddy and friend invited me over to bake some sweet treats with her last Friday and it was so much fun! We made Peppermint Bark, Fudge and Sugar Cookies! We laughed and decorated a bunch of treats, it was so relaxing! We also placed them all in very pretty decorative boxes and tins. Check out all we made and the recipes as well! EVERYTHING was so easy to make too! Enjoy your week everyone.
Peppermint Bark Recipe:
- Melt one 11.5 oz bag of milk chocolate chips in a microwave. About 60 seconds, stirring half walf.
- Spread evenly on parchment paper in a 8×8 pan. Let sit about 10 minutes
- Melt 11 oz white chocolate in microwaveable bowl & spread evenly over top of milk chocolate.
- Top with crushed peppermint and refrigerate until firm.
- Break a part in pieces & serve
Fudge with Nuts Recipe:
2 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips
1(14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
- Spray a 8×8 pan with Pam. On stovetop melt together the chocolate & milk. Stir in salt & mix well before adding vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and evenly spread into prepared pan. Top with nuts
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Slice into bite sized pieces and serve
Sugar Cookies Recipe:
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of confectioner sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of butter
1 egg (room temperature)
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cut butter into dry ingredients. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Roll into ball and refrigerate for 3 hours
- Roll out into 1/8 inch and cut into desired shapes
- Space out about 1/2 in on a cookie sheet & bake at 350 degrees for about 5-6 minutes