I absolutely get a kick out of getting my hair done. Most times I wear a protective style because over the years, my hair has become very fragile and is thinning. So I make sure to keep my ends trimmed and deep conditioned. Either I wear my hair done with curls or I wear it back in a ponytail to just change it up and give my hair a break from heat etc. My daughter Tyra is a licensed hairstylist here in Atlanta and she maintains many of my hairdos for me. Over the weekend she wanted to style my hair in a high ponytail. This is a pretty versatile look that I can wear out on red carpets or at my part time job. It’s classy, simple and doesn’t cause much of a distraction. Inside I show you how to achieve the perfect ponytail and several steps….
1. Start with Clean Hair. Wash your hair and ensure it’s free of tangles before starting.
2. Choose the Right Tools: Use a comb or brush to smooth out any knots and a hair elastic that matches your hair color to secure the ponytail.
3. Decide on Placement: Determine where you want your ponytail to sit on your head – high, medium, or low.
4. Smooth the Hair: Brush your hair back and smooth it with your hands to ensure there are no bumps or lumps.
5. Secure the Ponytail: Hold your hair firmly in one hand and use the other hand to wrap the elastic around the base of the ponytail. Make sure it’s tight enough to hold the ponytail in place but not too tight to cause discomfort.
6. Tame Flyaways: Use hairspray or a small amount of hair gel to smooth down any flyaways or stray hairs.
7. Add Volume (Optional): For extra volume, gently tease the hair at the crown of your head before securing the ponytail.
8. Finish with Shine (Optional): Apply a small amount of hair serum or shine spray to add a glossy finish to your ponytail.
9. Accessorize (Optional): Add hair accessories like ribbons, bows, or clips to customize your ponytail and make it more stylish.
10. Maintain Throughout the Day: Keep an extra elastic and some bobby pins handy to fix any loosening or stray hairs that may occur throughout the day.
With practice and attention to detail, you can achieve the perfect ponytail that suits your style and preference.