I hope all of you good people had a great weekend. I know that there is still a pandemic going on and we are all supposed to be practicing social distancing. My dear friend Shakila (who is also my local banker)invited me out on Sunday afternoon for a little relaxation! What better way to stay safe and still have some sort of normalcy by heading to a park. She asked me to join her for a little time away for some peace and tranquility. She’s also training to be a life coach and I know that she is going to be a good one! She has helped me along the way with my journey of finding happiness and love again and so much more!
I’ve been knowing Shakila for about 9 years or more because I’ve been banking with her ever since I moved here to Atlanta. She is such a trusted friend. I have shared so many things with her in comfort and she gives me homework assignments on how to self care and self love. So anyway, she told me about a very tranquil place that she visits weekly where she goes to clear her mind. Actually Fort Yargo was one of the places that she would go to get inspiration to write her book. She likes to frequent this park to clear her mind.
Fort Yargo is a State Park located between Atlanta and Athens, Ga. It’s only twenty minutes from my house and I never knew it was there lol. This popular park features a 1792 log fort built by settlers for protection against Creek and Cherokee Indians. Today, visitors come to Fort Yargo for its wide variety of outdoor recreation and scenery.
It is simply breathtaking and I had the pleasure of visiting this place and fell in love! I’m definitely going to bring my family here to explore even more with what they have to offer. We got a chance to talk more, have a picnic and just enjoy the afternoon! More pictures inside. I hope your week is filled with lots of peace and love, stay safe out there!
Things To Do & See
- Biking and bike rentals
- Boating — private boats permitted, 10 HP limit
- Disc Golf (fee) — annual passes available
- Educational Programs
- Hiking — 20.5 miles of trails
- Miniature Golf (fee)
- Muddy Spokes Club
- Weddings — park approval required
- Jon Boat, Kayak, Canoe, Stand-Up Paddleboard & Pedal Boat Rental — View Rental Prices – April to October (weekends only in Apr, May, Aug, Sept). Hours and days of availability may change due to weather or seasonality. Please call the park office to confirm or check our web page for updates on availability.
Accommodations & Facilities
- 1,816 Acres
- 260 Acre Lake
- 3 Cottages
- 13 Cabins
- 6 Yurts
- 46 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 12 Walk-In Campsites
- 5 Picnic Shelters (Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 2 Group Shelters (seats 80 & 100. Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 1 Event Room (seats 62. Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 1 Lake Pavilion (seats 75. Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 1 Beach Pavilion (seats 150. Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 1 Pioneer Campground (Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 2 Boat Ramps
- Sand Beach — seasonal
- Gift Shop
Fort Yargo State Park
210 South Broad Street
Winder, Ga 30680