Multi-platinum artist, actor, philanthropist and entertainment icon Snoop Dogg will serve as Mega Mentor on Season 20 of NBC’s four-time Emmy Award-winning musical competition series, “The Voice.”
Snoop Dogg joins superstar coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton to mentor the remaining artists who have made it through the Battle Rounds, as each team prepares for the Knockouts, beginning Monday, April 19 (8-10 p.m. ET/PT).
During the Knockout Rounds, artists are once again paired against a teammate, but select their own song to perform individually while their direct competitor watches and waits. Drawing from his unique experience in navigating the music and entertainment industry as a renowned rapper, producer and performer, Snoop Dogg will impart a new and fresh perspective to help the artists craft their performances. Coaches alone choose the winner to advance from their team. Each coach has one steal in the Knockouts.
- Additionally, the four artists that were saved by their individual coaches during the Battle Rounds will compete in the Four-Way Knockout. Each of the four artists will receive individualized coaching and rehearsals with their coach and Snoop Dogg in preparation for the Four-Way Knockout. However, the winner will ultimately be chosen by America. At the top of the final Knockouts episode, voting will open for America to choose which of the four artists moves forward in the competition after their performances. Then, at the beginning of the first Live Show, host Carson Daly will reveal which of the four artists was voted through by America, and that artist will continue to the Live Shows with their original team.
- An entertainment icon, Snoop Dogg has reigned for nearly three decades as an unparalleled force, who has raised the bar as an award-winning entertainer and globally recognized entrepreneur. Snoop defines entertainment history. He has released 19 studio albums, sold over 40 million albums worldwide, reached No. 1 countless times on Billboard charts internationally and received 20 Grammy nominations.
- Snoop has also appeared in numerous films, such as, Dolemite Is My Name, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run, The Addams Family, Beach Bum, Starsky & Hutch, Soul Plane and the Oscar®-winning drama Training Day, among others. He has also produced several films, including VICE’s Reincarnated, Mac & Dean Go to High School and Hood of Horror through his production company Snoopadelic Films. He made his mark in television when he garnered an Emmy nomination as executive producer for the hit VH1 show Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner. Snoop was also the executive producer of the acclaimed Netflix show Coach Snoop, GGN: Double G News, MTV’s Mary + Jane and the TNT game show Joker’s Wild, which he also hosted.
- Season 20 marks the 10-year anniversary of “The Voice.”
- “The Voice” is a presentation of MGM Television, Warner Bros. Unscripted Television in association with Warner Horizon, and ITV Studios The Voice USA, Inc. The series was created by John de Mol, who serves as an executive producer along with Mark Burnett, Audrey Morrissey, Amanda Zucker, Kyra Thompson and Adam H. Sher.
(Photo by: Trae Patton/NBC)